Minor burns can occur anytime while working in the kitchen or accidents can happen with young kids. Immediate first aid management of burns is important to know .
First degree minor burns are usually not life threatening but are very painful and may even leave a scar if not properly treated.
The skin is red and painful and there may be some swelling.
1. First of all remove the victim and move to a safe place to avoid further burning.
2. Cool the hot burned skin under cool running water or immerse in cool water for sometime , this helps to relieve the pain.
3. Apply a moisturizing lotion like the one with aleo vera.
4. You can apply petroleum jelly 2-3 times a day. Avoid putting butter, too much of oil or lotions with fragrances which may cause an infection.
5. Cover the burned skin with a sterile non sticking bandage .
6. If blisters form never pop them up.
7. Take an over the counter pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen.
8. Protect the burned area from sun exposure.
9 If any signs of infection antibiotics may be needed